We are American Legion Post 552, located in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego, California.
We do not have an American Legion Riders program, but we are interested. A total of eight is required to establish a Riders program. If you are interested, please contact the Commander.
Anyone who served honorably in any of the armed services for at least one day since December 7, 1941, is eligible to join the American Legion.
Many of our members belong to one or more of the veterans’ organizations in our facility, based on individual eligibility. “We are all together,” so it does not matter to us if you wish to join multiple organizations. Please consider joining us so we may fulfill our mission to better serve the needs of the community and remain strong.
Your membership and/or participation allow us all to continue serving God, our country, and our community. Our local mission is to provide camaraderie, a support base for the veterans and their families within the local community, low-cost meals, entertainment, and the various programs that assist the community. Take a look at our schedule of meetings and events.
We embody the goals of the American Legion Preamble, as stated here:
American Legion Preamble
For God and Country, we associate ourselves together for the following purposes:
- To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
- To maintain law and order;
- To maintain and perpetuate a one hundred percent Americanism;
- To preserve the memories and incidents of our associations in all wars;
- To inculcate a sense of individual obligation to community, state and nation;
- To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
- To make right the master of might;
- To promote peace and good will on earth;
- To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of justice, freedom and democracy;
- To consecrate and sanctify our comradeship by our devotion to mutual helpfulness.
American Legion Post 552 Officers
Commander – Kent Vanhorn – send email
1st Vice Commander – Michael Hill – send email
2nd Vice Commander – Bill Marsh – send email
Finance Officer – Mark Seamon – send email
Adjutant – Doug Benzel – send email
Chaplain – Bill Bartle – send email
Sergeant-at-Arms – Jim Vanderploeg